We’ve already covered topics such as “do fuel injector cleaners work?” and “what are the symptoms of clogged injectors”, so this time we’ll simply take a quick look at what are all the fuel injector cleaner benefits that we can expect from using these products.
Now, different products will have somewhat different effects. Some focus more on cleaning, while others double down on the maintenance or performance increase aspects. But focus differences aside, they all aim to provide the same benefits.
- Cleaning the fuel injector nozzles and the combustion chamber, as well as the entire fuel system from carbon deposits
- Lubricating the fuel system and the engine, from the cylinder walls and rings to intake valves, pumps and carburetors, to ensure further carbon buildup is reduced and the friction between various engine components is kept to a minimum
- Increasing fuel cetane numbers, ensuring a more efficient fuel burn and thus better fuel mileage and a smoother ride
Through these mechanisms we get further fuel injector cleaner benefits such as:
- Restoring throttle response
- Eliminating black smoke
- Improving cold starting
- Removing engine knocking (misfires) and pinging
- Removing engine stutter, hesitation, stumbling
- Protecting the engine from corrosion
- Improving emissions values
- Neutralizing low sulfur fuel problems
Combining all these effects, the different engine components and the engine as a whole will have a notably longer life span, lower maintenance cost and less overall headache for the end user. There’s less worry you’ll be stuck roadside or with a car that wont start in the morning. And when you take your car to the shop, there’s a much lower chance you’ll have to empty your wallet to replace parts or purchase expensive maintenance services.