Chevron 65740 Techron Concentrate Plus Fuel System Cleaner
- Second best selling fuel system cleaner in the US
- Produced by one of the most well known and reliable automobile service companies in the US
- Strong cleaning power
- Great value
- Not recommended for Diesel engines or 2 stroke air cooled gasoline engines
The Chevron company most likely needs no introduction. It is one of the leading companies when it comes to refining fuel, lubricants and additives. In light of this knowledge, it is no surprise that they also offer powerful and efficient fuel system cleaners. The most well known product is of-course Techron.
The Chevron 65740 Techron fuel system cleaner is one of the most well known cleaners on the market today and it boasts numerous benefits for your engines:
- Cleans carburetors – Check
- Cleans fuel injectors – Check
- Cleans intake valves and ports – Check
- Cleans combustion chambers – Check
- Restores lost power and performance – Check
- Lowers emissions – Check
- Relieves cold startup problems – Check
- Reduces deposit-related engine knocking and pinging – Check
- Cleans sulfur deposits from gas gauge sensors – Check
- Protects against fuel system sulfur deposits – Check
- Protects gas gauge sensors from malfunctioning – Check
- Contains PEA chemistry – Check
Chevron is the original developer of both the patented PBA and PEA chemical technologies, which are used to effectively clean engine components. Most commercial products use PBA for it’s low cost and generally high efficiency. However, PEA is considered the superior technology when it comes to cleaning. Even though PEA makes fuel additives cost more, Chevron has managed to keep the price of Techron very acceptable despite its PEA content.
When given the choice it is always a more logical option to pick the superior product.
How to use?
- Simply pour the liquid into your gas tank.
- The Chevron 65740 Techron Fuel System Cleaner usually comes in either 12 oz. or 20 oz. containers and is recommended to be used in a 1:1 ratio with gallons of fuel. So, for example – a 20 oz. canister of Techron should be mixed with 20 gallons of fuel.
- For general maintenance it is recommended to use the cleaner every 3000 miles or roughly 5000 kilometers.
- It is not recommended to use this product in Diesel or 2 stroke air cooled engines.
- For more details, don’t forget to read the information label on the product.
Techron is generally very well received and highly rated by consumers. It is difficult to find negative reviews and most of them are related to the extreme expectations of any fuel system cleaning product.
The Chevron 65740 Techron Fuel System Cleaner – 20 oz. (or 12 oz.) is a highly effective cleaning product from one of the most reputable companies in the industry. While it has some downsides of not being recommended for diesel and 2 stroke engines, it still boasts a wide variety of applications. Because of its patented PEA technology, it provides the highest standard of efficiency while keeping the costs lower than that of many competitors.
Check out some purchase options below!